Monday, July 10, 2006

My fingers... numb and happy!

So last night is the first time I've picked up a bass guitar since the stone age, it took me a few minutes to get back into the swing of it. I started with something simple like "Iron Man" and eventually worked all the way to awesome bass solos of my own creation! So I did that for about 8 hours last night until my hands felt like they went through the blender...

But the good news is now I am back to playing bass so this means I now play two instruments piano/keyboard and bass guitar (once again!) Not to mention I lessened the tension on the strings to give it that "doomy" sound so my bass sounds far more menacing than a drop D guitar for White Zombie, which I prefer over the crisper sounds of a neatly tuned bass. Now I'm off to get the cog fixed in my "D" string for it was cracked and I can't adjust the string very far and it's way to slack for a sound besides humming.

Well, that's basically it for this blog entry...


(What were you expecting political commentary for today? It's a slow day!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home