Tuesday, June 20, 2006

For whom the death tolls?

U.S.-Led Forces Kill 15 in Iraq Raids Jun 20, 09:32 AM EDTBy SAMEER N. YACOUB - Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- "U.S.-led forces killed 15 terror suspects and detained three others during raids Tuesday in a village northeast of Baghdad, the military said. Residents said 13 civilians also were killed."

The media throws out more numbers than a High School stats class! Seriously everyday I turn on the T.V and it's either "X soldiers killed!" or "We blew the shit out of so-and so and X amount of terrorists!" I mean yes I would like a update on the war, but I don't want to see number after number it does nothing productive for the war or against it, whichever view your trying to expel at the moment it just doesn't work. For one who the hell cares if you killed 15 terrorists today? Seriously I'm not crying nor am I masturbating at our awesome body count, I frankly have better things to do than party it out with my chums down at the National Guard over this issue.

You can kill 15 today, 40 tomorrow and none the next and that proves nothing other that you can kill because the enemy will always have more people to replace those that are fallen. Basically we are stuck in a game of checkers, we jump one they jump back... KING ME! We need to focus more on the peace process in Iraq, and how we can absolve the problems in the Middle East as a whole, not how many people the U.S Marines can blow away with their M-1 Carbine.

Now as for our side we have had 2,500 U.S military casualties and a good number of civilian deaths, not to mention two kidnapped U.S soldiers were found dead today so what does the media do? Chalk them up on their giant blackboard which they will keep up until Bill O'Reilley, Chris Matthews, Lou Dobbs, or whoever wants to do a talking points show to tear apart someone who is of a different political ideology than what the host is paid to be.

C'mon people what is so glorious and self satisfying about having a X amount of people dead? I watch every news station and all I see is people's egos grow as they continue to shovel self-satisfying bull shit down their naive user base. Since the invasion of Iraq this is ALL that I have been seeing lately, liberals crying over the death toll of our soldiers, conservatives having a circle jerk to the death of Al-Zarqawi, it's getting so petty and idiosyncratic, I'm beginning to only watch them just so I can laugh my ass off at their pseudo-intellectualism and arrogance.

This is an a example of what a TV interview is like on FOX News (I chose them because they are by far the most entertaining)

Bill: Welcome to the Conservative jerk-off-athon! I'm your dungeon master Bill O'Reilly!

Bill: Today on talking points we have brought some far leftist lunatic from some University in the middle of nowhere, so we can just argue about random bull shit for an hour!

Bill: Welcome to the show Mr. Liberal!

Liberal: Pleasure to be here Bill! (Fake ass smile)

Bill: Today in the news it said that our death toll has exceeded the 2,500 bench mark! I know this because it was put on my desk five minutes ago by my sexually arousing intern, how do you feel about this?

Liberal: Well, I for one thin--

Bill: Woah, hold it right there! You're telling me that you're hapy about this, I could say you're being unpatriotic!

Liberal: I'm not unpatriotic I'm saying that I jus---

Bill: Whatever, Mr. Liberal it appears to me that you don't care about the safety of America you're only out there to damage the reputation of the administration! (snorts a line of coke and slips a twenty in some girls panty line)

Liberal: But I jus---

Bill: Well, lets just agree to disagree that's all the time we have join us next week as I show you that I can shoot laser beams out of my eyes and shit gold!

Bill: This is Bill signing off!

*Switch Bill out for Anderson Cooper and replace Un-patriotic with Religious nut for the opposing faction*

Seriously that is all the news is anymore.., 50 something year old millionaires spouting self-satisfying bull shit and playing with numbers as they continue to brown nose any political faction that could give their ratings a boost...

Kind of sad really, how fucked up and devolved politics and our media have become to give way to douchebaggery and bias to make a few bucks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home